Sunday, August 21, 2011

veggie lasagna

YUM!

Weight Watchers designated this week's theme to be "Go Meatless" (or something along those lines -- I'd have to pull out my weekly to be sure).  Part of our meeting, with my fabulous leader Chellay, was spent discussing yummy meatless dinner ideas and some inspiration was really flowing to me!

This afternoon, while planning out our weekly dinner menu, I decided to search out a new vegetarian lasagna recipe.  I've made my own spinach lasagna plenty of times but really wanted to branch out, especially since veggies are so fresh and plentiful this time of year!

My search landed me with an AMAZING Weight Watchers recipe.  I would HIGHLY recommend this one!  As always, I adapted the recipe a bit to our own liking, but here's the general gist . . .

  1. Heat oven to 425 degrees.
  2. Roast assortment of veggies with garlic, olive oil, and fresh basil for 25 minutes, or until very tender (stirring often).  Our veggie assortment consisted of one small eggplant, one zucchini, one yellow squash, three roma tomatoes, one small onion, shredded carrots, mushrooms, and two sweet red peppers. 
  3. Pour half of your roasted vegetables into your blender (be sure that they're very tender).  Add about a half cup of water and puree.  
  4. Meanwhile, you've boiled your whole grain lasagna noodles.  I needed 11 to fit three layers in my baking dish.
  5. Layer your lasagna, from bottom to top: puree, noodles, puree, roasted veggies, fresh (shredded, part-skim) mozzarella, fresh shredded parmesan, noodles, puree, roasted veggies, cheese, noodles, puree, cheese.
  6. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until bubbly.


Seriously, we gobbled this yup (lil' two year old Evelyn, included)!  I invited my sister over to dinner and she raved about it, too, which can be a rare occurrence!

I did manage to take a few pictures, albeit not many.  Regretfully, I forgot to take a picture of the finished product, as I was rushing to feed my hungry lil' one!

Roasted Vegetables

Bottom layer of Veggie Puree.

I think this is the third layer??


OH!  And did I mention that each serving (of what I cut - 12 servings in my pan) were only 4 POINTS PLUS?!?!?!  Such a lovely Sunday supper on this late [and rainy] summer evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment