Monday, August 29, 2011

gettin' crafty with it

Irene came and went and boy, are we glad she's gone!

Our pre-hurricane preparations were not in vain as the storm hit hard in our neck of the woods.  Once the eye of the storm passed through, our power went out and while Jon manned the house (namely, working closely with neighbors to prevent the serious flooding in our cellars to become too damaging), Evelyn and I kept busy indoors.

[By the way - major props to Jon and our neighbors for their true display of old fashioned "neighborly-ness."  By working together, they kept a bad situation from getting worse.]

About five hours into lost power, I set Evelyn up with some play-dough while I made my first attempts at creating fabric flowers.  I've long admired the beautiful jewelry that many bloggers/etsy-site owners create with their fabric florettes so I thought it'd be fun to give it a try.  Why not, right?  I had plenty of time (although no access to an online tutorial - ack!).




So here they are!  I don't pride myself on being crafty AT ALL so this was a pretty big accomplishment!  And, I ended with a pretty cute ring in the process!

It was nice to bid adieu to Irene with a bit of loveliness adorning my right hand!


<

<


No comments:

Post a Comment