Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Ringing in the Summer Season

Yesterday marked the first official day of summer (woo!), and while I'm still slaving away at school, I decided to celebrate a bit!

I came home to find that the little one hadn't eaten her afternoon snack, so we piled into the car and headed to our favorite frozen yogurt bar.  Mmmmm.  Fat-free yogurt with fresh fruit.  Guilt-free decadence!

After heading back home, we found that Jon hadn't returned from work yet, so I decided to surprise him with some hamburger patties to throw on the grill.  He's all about beef and I'm hit or miss with it, so needless to say, this was a huge treat for him.  And y'know, these were pretty darn tasty!  Here's my recipe that I kind of made up on the spot . . .

  • Take 1 pound of ground beef (we only use all-natural, grass-fed which kind of makes it tastier, anyway).
  • Mix well with one egg, chopped onion (half), and minced garlic.  Season with black pepper and Mrs. Dash's salt-free table seasoning.
  • Form beef mixture into 12 round balls (even in size) and then squash down.  
  • On six patties, sprinkle a pinch of shredded mozzarella cheese and a pinch of crumbled feta cheese.  Cover each cheese-topped patty with a plain patty.

Grill to your preference.  Mmm mmmm.

Anyway, I had those ready to go, sliced up a fresh and juicy watermelon, and then Jon walked in the door with a fresh bouquet of flowers from my favorite local florist!  Whatta guy!  He knows how I strongly dislike grocery store bouquets!



It is a huge arrangement, therefore I had the opportunity to use my HUGE music vase that the Class of 2010 gave me last Spring!


And because it was the first day of summer, I made a point in starting one of my projects.  My sister, Abby, and I sanded down the old picnic table that has been taking up space next to our garage for the past three years.  We then began giving it a fresh coat of paint in a buttercream yellowish hue.  Still have a bit more to go but I feel accomplished in starting it (at least)!  Unfortunately, I TOTALLY forgot to take a before picture.  I always forget to do that!  Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment