Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Dwindling Year

It's been difficult to find the time to post for the past week or so.  With the hustle and bustle of the end of the year, I've just been too plum tired to type.

Another school year is quickly winding down and as we're entering Regents testing week, I'm spending my time proctoring, filing music, planning for next year, and cleaning the toxic waste zone known as my desk.  Y'know, I often lament the sorry state of my desk at school.  Try as I might to keep things tidy, the piles continue to bloom and grow like pesky lil' weeds.  Oh, how I wish I was "type A."

While I'll miss the Class of 2011 (because they're really great kids) an awful lot, I am beginning the final countdown towards this year's summer recess by making finite goals for my "upcycling projects."  Typing these here will hold me to them, so the first three projects include . . .

  • refinishing and repainting an old picnic table
  • creating pillowcase dresses out of a few embroidered vintage pillowcases that I scored on Etsy (this project will require much assistance from Mom)
  • modge-podging coasters out of bathroom tile.


Also on the agenda: trimming away my tulip/daffodil stems and planting petunias in the rock garden.  Of course, this means that I'll choose the petunias and then point and shoot Jon in the directions to where I'd like them planted.  He loves gardening and completing outdoor chores.  I do not share this love.  This is obviously one prime example of how our contrasting personalities and interests make for a perfect match.  [Cue Paula Abdul . . .]

No comments:

Post a Comment