Friday, July 1, 2011

Muffin Tins: Part 2

I highly recommend cooking with your muffin tin if you are the parent of a toddler.  Um, and if you are on Weight Watchers.  It allows for perfect portion control (for both scenarios) and adds a bit of whimsy to eating a balanced meal (for the toddler . . . okay, yeah for both . . . ).

We did muffin sized turkey meat-loaves this evening.

As I've previously mentioned, I'm not the biggest fan of meat dishes but these were pretty good (and only 3 points per "muffin" on the Weight Watchers PointPlus program).  Jon and Evelyn, however, really enjoyed this concoction.  I sort of made the recipe up as I went along, but here's the gist of it:

  • Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and spray muffin tin with extra virgin olive oil cooking spray.
  • Combine in a large bowl one pound of all natural ground turkey, 1 egg, about 1/3 cup of skim ricotta cheese, 1/2 of a diced onion, 1/2 a cup of sliced mushrooms, 1 packet of no-salt bullion, and black pepper.  
  • Using an ice cream scoop, place one serving (1 scoop) in each muffin.  Top with a pinch of seasoned bread crumbs and 1/2 of a cherry tomato.
  • Bake for 35 minutes.


On another note, I've almost finished a mini-home decor project in the bathroom.   When I say "mini," I really mean a small project which may not seem like much to those of you who blog on these matters.  It was on my list of projects to get done this summer, however, and I'm sure we can all relate to the satisfaction found in crossing items off a "to-do" list.  Will post more upon its completion!

Enjoy your holiday weekends, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment